Embracing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
As part of our parent company, Sona Group, Vee Technologies provides educational, vocational, and “self-sufficiency” training to the poorest classes of India. We are especially committed to improving the socioeconomic status of underserved people in urban and rural areas. This mission is closely intertwined with all of our business activities.Thousands of students and vocational trainees have enjoyed upward mobility in their communities as a result of our outreach and programs. These professionals impact those around them by providing financial support to their families, offering hope to others, serving as a role model, and contributing to the economic development of their community.
Below, you will find examples of our programs that contribute to the communities we serve:
- The Rural Women Technology Park in Salem, India, provides industrial training programs to improve the socioeconomic status of women living in India’s most rural areas. Our training includes solar food processing, pulse plating for silver anklets, sewing, and wastepaper recycling. We also provide modified sewing machine instruction for different-abled women, often those afflicted with polio.
- Sona Yukti is a training program in partnership with the government of India that provides life-changing opportunities for the disadvantaged. Sona Yukti offers skill development training to differently-abled women, youth, and people of all religions and backgrounds. This program has trained over 60,000 individuals from socially disadvantaged and underprivileged sectors of India and provided them with employment opportunities. To date, Sona Yukti has built 50 vocational schools in rural areas of India.
- On an ongoing basis, Sona College provides scholarships to rural students who otherwise would not be able to pay for a college education. Our motto is, “Poverty will not be allowed to stand in the way of the completion of the education of meritorious students.” Upon graduation, Vee Technologies hires many technical specialists directly from our university system. Once employed, all Vee Technologies’ employees are encouraged to continue their education, advance their skillset, and focus on their career growth.
- The Valliappa Foundation, located in Chennai, India, enhances the lives of underprivileged, unemployed youth through training and job placement opportunities. To date, more than 50,000 individuals have participated in the program.
- HireMee, a mobile-based online skill assessment platform, connects unemployed rural youth to employers. Currently, there are over 3,000 Indian companies using HireMee. The platform has connected individuals with over 120,000 job opportunities across India.
- The Technical Intern Training Program(TITP) is a collaboration between India and Japan that generates job opportunities for India’s unemployed. Participants are trained in the Japanese language in Bangalore, India, and then placed in reputable Japanese companies.
- Our water purifying Android app ensures water vending kiosks maintain the cleanest water possible. The app connects with an external camera device to capture and analyze live water surface images. These images show the quality of the inlet water and outlet water. Our app then indicates whether the water is safe to drink, moderately safe to drink, or unsafe to drink. This not only allows the public to gauge the quality of the water but also alerts the water vending kiosk staff when it is time to change the machine’s filter.
- Our free app, TalkBook, helps English-language learners practice their English with interactive conversation practice tools. Users can record their practice conversations and play them back to work on pronunciation and correct mistakes. By improving their English, users improve their job prospects, thereby improving their economic status.
- Our Social Media Lab works with the Mumbai Police to monitor Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other prominent social media platforms for urgent matters concerning public law and order. Twenty specially trained police officers keep a vigil on widely discussed and trending topics to detect possible mass gatherings and criminal activity.
- Anadhanam (meaning “the sacred tradition of offering food”) is a digital platform that both reduces hunger and eliminates food waste. Anadhanam’s nationwide NGO network allows organizations to coordinate food distribution efforts across India. The program also identifies hunger hotspots and areas living below the poverty line so that they can be given prioritized access to food that might otherwise be wasted.
- AgriBPO is a program that uses information and computer technology to generate employment opportunities in agriculture for rural women. This unique conferencing tool connects farmers to agricultural experts in real-time. This way, new farmers in need of advice on issues like crop-disease, severe weather, and pricing of produce can have easy access to help. This not only gives women the tools to operate their own farms and earn an income but also offers employment to agriculture experts.
There is a golden thread that runs through our corporate social responsibility services: our programs’ beneficiaries use their success to benefit their villages. Our goal is not to see one success story or to help just one family, but to support their entire community with a message of hope through the benefits of education and vocational training.
Our employees give back to by volunteering their time and skills, such as by visiting old age homes, orphanages, and schools for the blind. Frequently, our employees are found serving food to the underprivileged, educating poor students in rural areas, cleaning up roads, planting trees, and spreading awareness about social causes. Additionally, Vee Technologies is committed to impact sourcing initiatives and passionate about educating and mentoring other companies on how to launch meaningful programs. Together, we can globalize prosperity to make lives better.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Vee Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and strive to create a work environment that respects individuals and their contributions. Our people are respected for who they are, what they do, and what they believe. We firmly believe that diversity enriches our performance and services, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. We consistently strive to enhance the religious, gender, nationality, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our organization.
We hire bright individuals to do meaningful work that includes fun activities, regular awards, an exciting work environment, and variety of learning and development programs. While working at Vee Technologies, our employees are encouraged to strengthen their creativity, responsibility, and individuality through their work. We are a performance-driven company, so our human resource policies are designed to recognize employees who pursue excellence and create value for customers every single day through collaboration and innovation.
We especially value employees who stay with us for a long time. These employees help shape the company and contribute to the friendly work environments for which we are known. They help teach newer hires and teach important skills and organization knowledge. We help our employees prepare for the next step up through on-the-job training. As such, we believe that real talent is born out of experience and innovation.
Our employees are at the heart of the company. By providing them with right tools and the right corporate culture, we promote ingenuity and problem-solving at all levels of the company. We reward employees for their ideas, which encourages employee involvement in all that we do.
Yearly CSR Reports:
Submitted to GRI:
Published on GRI: