After freight bills have been processed and carrier payments have been executed, we verify the accuracy of carrier charges. We use our expertise to build a comprehensive bill auditing solution that provides our clients valuable insights on their freight bill execution.
We follow a systematic freight bill audit process:
- Receive freighted bills of lading in agreed upon audit intervals for audits
- Inspect contracts for terms and conditions, rate revisions, special rates, bullet rates, etc.
- Compare billed amounts against contractual obligations and resolve freight bill payments with bill payment recommendations
- Identify freight bills that exceed set amounts, and bills where accessorial charges exceed a predetermined percentage to the total amount
- Capture data-related errors and overcharges
- Prepare carrier refund reports to file claims with carriers