Reduce Clerical Burden, Improve Outcomes
The world is changing at a rapid pace. The digital age has taken over and connected individuals in ways never imagined before. With this change comes exciting new possibilities that can impact not only our daily lives but also the businesses that we run. In healthcare, clinical outcomes are increasingly important, but one of the biggest issues physicians face is a lack of time due to the increasing amount of clerical duties that they must complete.
While most in healthcare are familiar with a physical medical scribe, a virtual scribe is less understood and is extremely underutilized. A virtual scribe listens in real-time to the patient visit, or a portion of the visit, and then enters pertinent information into the EMR as directed by the physician. The virtual scribe is in a remote location that utilizes HIPAA compliant technology to navigate the EMR, update notes, locate labs, order prescriptions, and adjust coding or billing information. To communicate with the virtual scribe, the physician uses a desktop or portable device as documentation is entered into the organization’s EMR. This not only saves time, but it reduces the administrative burden that the physician encounters, allowing them to concentrate on the patient. This significantly improves the outcomes that impact revenue.
Addressing the Needs of Today, With the Technology of Tomorrow
Lean organizations increase value for their customers by utilizing fewer resources. They understand customer value and focus their key processes to increase it continuously. The end goal of a lean organization is to provide a cutting-edge product that delivers value to the customer with streamlined processes that offer zero waste.
A virtual scribe can document anything that the physician or physical scribe can but with several advantages:
- Lower costs
- Reduced overhead expenses
- Increase in available resources
- Alleviates scheduling issues
- Flexible availability
- System agnostic
- Reduces administrative functions
- Streamlines operational capabilities
- A physician can focus more on the patient rather than documenting the encounter
- A physician productivity improves by 12%
- A physician can see 10-15% additional patients per day
- Improved work-life balance as our scribes save 2-3 hours of a physician's time per day
Our Virtual Scribe solution eliminates the burden physicians face with medical chart documentation and can work in any of the following formats:
- Live process - The entire patient’s chart is completed during the live encounter without any dictation from the physician
- Semi-live process - The physician dictates some of the specific areas where he needs detailed information. For example, plan of care is dictated by the physician but HPI, physical exam and impression are done by scribe during the live encounter
- Transcription Process - The physician dictates the entire chart after the encounter concludes
Integrating Virtual Scribe, along with the suite of services offered by Vee Technologies, will enable organizations to maximize operational productivity while simultaneously delivering better care to their patients.
At Vee Technologies, we create extraordinary outcomes by delivering accuracy, competency, and collaborative teamwork that are designed to enhance productivity and maximize revenue.
Physicians today cite the administrative burden added to the work of patient care as the main reason for burnout. Chief among those administrative burdens was documenting in the electronic health record (EHR).
“My interaction with the patient in the exam room has been lost and replaced with large amounts of data entry on my part. I click away, staring at the screen and barely have time to make eye contact with my patient. This is the greatest loss, in my opinion.”