Managing chronic ailments or serious injury requires dual participation between the patient and the provider. Vee Technologies Care Coordination Assessors can help healthcare providers find enhancement opportunities to navigate through the health care system.
- Our Care Coordination Assessors will:
- Assess care transition protocols
- Aggregate data for treatment plan adherence
- Identify and coordinate service gaps
- Review medication management protocol
- Review referral, payment trends and quality measures
Chronic Care Management
Chronic care management starts with a conversation between the PCP and the patient. CMS’s 2015 decision permitting reimbursement for chronic care management services reinforces the systemic drive towards value-based care, while focusing on managing a patients’ comprehensive health.
Chronic care management is defined as “care coordination services done outside of the regular office visit for patients with multiple (two or more) chronic conditions expected to last at least 12 months…”
Vee Technologies’ chronic care management solutions focus on the patient’s overall health, while identifying how the provider can remain profitable throughout the chronic care continuum.
- Achieving sustainable and scalable chronic care management processes starts with:
- Educating and enrolling: Healthcare providers start by having a conversation with patients about chronic care management, once the patient and provider agree on the course of action the enrollment and EMR workflow process can begin.
- Integrated patient outreach: Chronic care management requires ongoing patient interaction and outreach beyond the office visits. Exploring your strengths and gaps with a Vee Technologies CCM expert will help address procedural gaps in your organization.
- Claims management: Review the process of submission, reimbursement and denial management for chronic care management claims.
- Program assessment and agility: High performing CCM programs perform ongoing evaluation on participating members and continual assessment on the financial returns of the CCM program.
- Payer assessment: Use of analytics and technology to identify payer adjudication behaviors on CCM-claims.