Not all of Vee Technologies’ AEC studios are equal – some operate at higher levels than others. In order to improve all AEC studios across the board, it makes sense to study the high performers and determine why they are working so well. With the knowledge gained, it can be applied to our existing and new studios to ensure they can become high performers as well.
High-performing AEC studios nearly always contain the following attributes:
- Having a highly experienced Team Leader with a long tenure in AEC
- Maintaining a motivational and knowledgeable team
- Maintaining desire for both learning and success
- Bonding on more than just a work level
- Quarterbacking the client experience; clients want added value and an exceptional experience
- Sharing of knowledge and best practices
- Answering all questions, solving their problems and establishing credibility with the client.
- Utilizing the proper candidates, architects for architectural work, MEP engineers for MEP work, etc.
- Ensuring the studio is set for success with all software and hardware ready along with the appropriate licenses timed for the start date
- Leveraging the power of video
- Tracking success. “If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.”
- Communication, communication, communication
High-performing AEC studios nearly always start with good, effective personnel who rely on a very proficient HR recruiting set up. The recruitment process that Vee Technologies follows removes most of the unsuitable candidates before they are ever put in front of clients. The Hiring Score Card shown below is used to ensure that all details of a potential candidate are captured and can easily be presented to every member of the team.
This is the make-up of a typically high-performing studio:
Putting this new approach into effect will increase the quality of Vee Technologies’ studios, while increasing client appreciation. Experience gained from the initial studio concept continues to be honed to produce higher performing studios by well managed and productive personnel who are the right fit in the right place at the right time.