Responsible for performing quality assurance activities on medical coding staff for correct coding of diagnoses and procedures in accordance with AHA, CMS, and other applicable guidelines.
Specialty: HCC, E&M, ED, Radiology
Position: Remote Coder/Auditor
Experience: 2+ Years
- High school education or equivalent experience
- CRC, CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCA , RHIT, or RHIA Certification
- 2 years or more of physician office or hospital coding experience (required)
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology
- Knowledge of Risk Adjustment Hierarchal Condition Category Methodology
- Knowledge of correct CPT-4 coding
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Review and analyze medical record documentation of in accordance with established industry and government regulations, AHA Coding Clinic, and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and quality of coding selections per established regulations, and they are supported by documentation, within the body of the medical record
- Perform a detailed review of medical records to assign ICD-10-CM, HCPCS, and CPT-4 code(s) as applicable.
- Document captured codes in database and/or MS Excel
- Adhere to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Maintains proficiency in AHA Coding Clinics, AHA Coding Clinics for HCPCS, CPT Assistant, Risk Adjusted Coding and the official guidelines for coding and reporting
- Function in a professional, efficient, and positive manner
- Other duties as assigned