At Vee Technologies we rely on our dynamic team of remote engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We’re seeking an Application Development Manager who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking start-up mode. Here, you will manage a team of full stack engineers and take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack.
Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, agile methodology and multiple back-end languages. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front-end and back-end architecture, and ultimately, deliver amazing global user experiences.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Architect, provide guidance, and build end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Work primarily in Angular, Python, AWS PostgreSQL
- Engage with inspiring UX designers and front-end engineers, and collaborate with back-end engineers as we create reliable APIs
- Collaborate across time zones with frequent video conferences, utilize GitHub
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field with 5+ years’ experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field with 5+ years’ experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience mentoring Senior Engineers, providing hands-on leadership and team building, directly managing Senior and Junior full stack engineers to enhance products and systems.
- Strong communication skills. Able to easily collaborate with peers and customers
- Experience delivering software in an Agile or Lean delivery method
- Experience in production support design decisions with our business partners and the rest of the development team members
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
- Professional certifications in applicable technologies
- Experienced with AWS lambda and serverless tooling preferred
- Healthcare or MEP Engineering knowledge/background is a plus