Job Title: Medical Radiology Coder
Reports to: Coding Manager
Vee Technologies is one of the fastest growing companies in America offering outsourced services to Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies. We are growing and need to hire two FT, Non-Exempt Medical Radiology Coders.
This position is responsible for reviewing documentation of outpatient diagnostic and ancillary services for diagnostic radiology. Responsible for meeting performance standards set for accurate and timely submission of charges and coding for professional and facility services. Requires maintaining an hourly productivity standard and quality standards as set by Vee Technologies and based on Industry Standards. Will require attendance at department meetings via conference call and WebEx.
Coding Work Queue assignment will vary based on business needs or management assignment.
- Analyzes medical records to abstract clinical data by assigning codes from patient records in accordance with the coding classification systems of ICD-10-CM and/or CPT, HCPCS.
- Review patient encounters for accurate code assignment of all relevant diagnoses and procedures and/or modifiers.
- Review and check for CCI bundling edits as well as NCD/LCD edits.
- Enter appropriate codes into the client’s coding program for the transfer of data to billing files for reimbursement.
- Queries manager and/or client when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Applies guidelines as indicated through the Local Coverage Determination (LCD), National Coverage Determination (NCD), as well as the National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) as set for the by the client.
- Resolves claim and billing edits as well as denials by performing second review of medical record documentation and code assignments. Review and provide resolution of edits/warnings. You will assign codes to medical diagnoses and procedures using appropriate coding classifications for assigned areas/record types.
- Communicates with department manager on coding, compliance, and documentation issues.
- Seeks clarification from healthcare providers or other designated resources to ensure accurate and complete coding.
- Enhances coding knowledge and skills with continuing education activities and by reviewing pertinent literature.
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Follows guidelines for each project as set by the client.
- 2 + Years Diagnostic Radiology Coding experience
- 3M experience a plus
- Audit scored at 95% or better
- Maintain a production rate of 90% or higher
- Maintain strict confidentiality/follow HIPAA rules
- CPC or CCS-P or equivalent certification
- Possess moderate knowledge of level 1&2 modifiers
- Radiology coders must be able to code the following modalities: Level I, Duplex and Doppler ultrasounds, CT’s/CTA’s, MRI’s and Nuclear medicine
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to understand and follow compliance issues of moderate complexity
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Must possess moderate knowledge of CCI edits and LCDs and be able to accurately apply regulation knowledge to coding situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with co-workers
- Conduct self in an ethical, honest, and professional manner