Designation: Sr. Design Engineer (Electro-Mechanical)
Department: Aero & Defence
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 6 - 8 years
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing specifications.
- Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
- Examine, prepare, and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Make draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to work instructions and other related documents.
- Design and plan the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements.
- Direct field testing of products and systems on first run items.
- Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying the accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining the departmental procedures, and manuals.
Requirements and skills:
- Engineering degree (BE/ME) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing, or related field.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings, and wire lists.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, and scales.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.