For a healthcare provider or an RCM stakeholder, the importance of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) cannot be emphasized enough. The different healthcare reforms that have been introduced have only served to highlight how critical it is to ensure the maximum accuracy for all documents at all times.
However, this often results in a great deal of stress because of the need to get the data impeccably accurate. However, this can be seen in a new light when you discover all the benefits of having a seamless and efficient clinical documentation improvement process in place.
Here are the top 5 benefits of maintaining a CDI process that works for you:
- Ensures increased revenue as a result of more accurate medical coding and reduced errors that could have led to decreased revenues.
- Timely reimbursements are assured as there are no delays due to incorrect medical documentation.
- Helps in identifying the correct risk adjustment scores which can lead to better treatments and outcomes for the patient, which also enhances the hospital’s reputation.
- Maintains consistent compliance with regulations as a result of documentation being accurate and complete.
- It can help healthcare providers make a smooth transition to the pay-for-quality or value model from the fee-for-service model, which by itself will bring in more patients and improve clinical outcomes in the long term.
It does help to bring in an experienced CDI vendor to help streamline the existing documentation process in a healthcare organization. No matter what the size maybe, there is no doubt that the right CDI partner can help improve revenues substantially just by plugging in the gaps and providing state-of-the-art support with software and experienced personnel.
Vee Technologies does exactly this through two ways-providing provider education and revenue impact analysis both of which result in significant clinical documentation improvement.